Pearl Zimmerman M.D.
I became a Functional Medicine doctor because I personally experienced having cancer twice then an immune system breakdown with severe chemical sensitivities that lasted 7 years. During those years, multiple conventional and integrative doctors either gave me treatments that made me worse or kept telling me that all I needed was Prozac. When I finally found a Functional Medicine doctor who helped me get my life back, I was inspired to learn all I could about this field. My heart goes out to the complex mystery patients who experience the seemingly hopeless search to get well, struggling with so many symptoms that doctors either don't believe you or haven't been able to help you. I’ve been there. Now I love being able to give you answers, validate you, and empower you to find healing. My patients can expect a tenacious detective who listens, genuinely cares, and doesn’t give up.
• Institute for Functional Medicine Certification Courses completed
• A4M Anti-Aging, Metabolic and Functional Medicine Fellowship Courses completed
• Great Plains Lab Academy Environment Toxin Summit
• 7/2016 Board Certification in Integrative Medicine
• 9/2008 Advanced Qi Gong I & II Certification, Grandmaster Hong Liu
• 2/1997 Preventive Medicine Residency, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
• 5/1994 Doctor of Medicine, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
• 12/1984 Master’s in Public Health, Health Education and Promotion, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
• 6/1983 Bachelor of Arts in Religion, Pacific Union College, Angwin, CA
• 6/1981 Associate of Science in Nursing, Pacific Union College, Angwin, CA
• 8/2017 - Present Assistant Professor, Preventive Medicine, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
• 8/2017 -12/2019 Associate Professor, University of California Irvine Susan Samueli Integrative Health Institute, Costa Mesa, CA
• 5/2016 - Present National Speaker, Apex Energetics Functional Medicine seminars for health care providers