Pearl Zimmerman M.D.
I became a Functional Medicine doctor because I personally experienced having cancer twice then an immune system breakdown with severe chemical sensitivities that lasted 7 years. During those years, multiple conventional and integrative doctors either gave me treatments that made me worse or kept telling me that all I needed was Prozac. When I finally found a Functional Medicine doctor who helped me get my life back, I was inspired to learn all I could about this field. My heart goes out to the complex mystery patients who experience the seemingly hopeless search to get well, struggling with so many symptoms that doctors either don't believe you or haven't been able to help you. I’ve been there. Now I love being able to give you answers, validate you, and empower you to find healing. My patients can expect a tenacious detective who listens, genuinely cares, and doesn’t give up.
• Institute for Functional Medicine Certification Courses completed
• A4M Anti-Aging, Metabolic and Functional Medicine Fellowship Courses completed
• Great Plains Lab Academy Environment Toxin Summit
• 7/2016 Board Certification in Integrative Medicine
• 9/2008 Advanced Qi Gong I & II Certification, Grandmaster Hong Liu
• 2/1997 Preventive Medicine Residency, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
• 5/1994 Doctor of Medicine, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
• 12/1984 Master’s in Public Health, Health Education and Promotion, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
• 6/1983 Bachelor of Arts in Religion, Pacific Union College, Angwin, CA
• 6/1981 Associate of Science in Nursing, Pacific Union College, Angwin, CA
• 8/2017 - Present Assistant Professor, Preventive Medicine, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
• 8/2017 -12/2019 Associate Professor, University of California Irvine Susan Samueli Integrative Health Institute, Costa Mesa, CA
• 5/2016 - Present National Speaker, Apex Energetics Functional Medicine seminars for health care providers
Dr. Aaron Newman
Dr. Aaron Newman is literally an answer to prayer for me. Family Nurse Practitioners with in-depth knowledge and significant training in Functional Medicine are far and few between. I’ve valued reviewing cases and nutritional supplement information with Dr. Newman since I first started working with Apex Energetics in 2015. I’m thrilled that he has joined my Dream Team. I have the highest trust in his integrity, purpose, and dedication to excellence. Dr. Newman is dually trained as a Chiropractor (DC) and Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-C) focusing on functional, integrative and regenerative medicine. He has expertise in laboratory diagnostics and dietary and lifestyle management, where he employs a preventive, collaborative approach with his patient population. He’s board-certified in Functional and Integrative Medicine and holds additional certification from the American Med Academy in Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT). Dr. Newman has specialty training in Regenerative Medicine, he will be offering trigger point injections for pain, Prolotherapy, Perineural Injection Therapy (PIT), and Ultrasound-guided Platelet Rich Therapy (PRP) injections for joint pain and soft tissue repair. Most of all though, he believes in getting to the ‘root cause” of disease and enjoys helping patients on their journey toward optimal health. Outside of the clinic, he spends time with his wife, Angie, and two kids; Tyler and Sophia. He’s also in the process of completing a post-masters certificate program to become a Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner at the moment.
Post-Masters Certificate: Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Wilkes University 2020-present
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN-FNP-C) Family Nurse Practitioner Herzing University 2019
Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) Western Governors University 2017
Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) International College of Health Sciences 2016
Doctorate of Chiropractic (DC) Southern California University of Health Sciences 2011